The Way We Get By – Spoon
Since I am living at home and many of my friends have moved away from home and the rest of my friends live on the East Coast, I have decided I need to start doing things. I don’t want to sit at home, bored, after work anymore, so I have come up with a short list of things I want to do before the year ends and that’s how I will get by.
1. Take a really long bike ride up and down Lake Shore Drive, preferably before it gets too cold.
2. Bake the perfect pumpkin pie from scratch (this is related to the fact that I LOVE fall and everything that goes along with it including, but not limited to, pumpkin spice lattes, butternut squash, Hocus Pocus, and sweaters.)
3. Take dancing lessons, preferably set to Frank Sinatra music. Because who doesn’t love dancing to Frank Sinatra?
4. Go to a Bears game and not sit inside. Box seats are fun, but overrated. You don’t get to hear the crowd and be IN the crowd at all.
5. Learn to make sushi – Yummy!
6. Make coffee or peppermint flavored liqueur. Its really easy, I just haven’t done it yet!
7. Go Whirlyballing. Or Paintballing. Like they do in 10 Things I Hate About You and not the kind with guns where it leaves welts.
8. Have a wine and cheese soire. I love wine and I love cheese so this would probably work out well.
9. Read more. I used to read all the time and have fallen out of the habit. I need to get back in to it. Recommendations are welcomed!
10. Find a hobby. I don’t know what yet, but I need something.