This recipe comes from my good friend Dori who is in France and always has some great recipe up her sleeve (mac and cheese with herbs de provence is a Dori creation) Alors, here is her recipe for “crushed tomatos, veggies over rice and some cheese on top” meal.
- Sautee garlic and onions with some olive oil.
- Add any other veggies you want. Dori suggests mushrooms, peppers, and something else for color.
- Add in some ground beef, already slightly browned and already seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg, and chili powder.
- Add crushed tomatos and bring to a boil.
- Towards the end, add in your favorite red wine and let that come down to a simmer.
- Season to your liking – I plan on using herbs de provence, obviously…
- Put it over some brown rice (Uncle Ben’s works well) and put some shredded cheese on top!
- Et voila! A perfect winter dish!