Edamame Dip – This is a really great recipe if you are trying to watch what you eat, but love dips. It has a great taste and you can put in more wasabi or less goat cheese (which is what I did) or whatever else you would like. You can really make this your own recipe. (Via Sweet Pea’s Kitchen)
- 1 bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed (12 ounces)
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade puree edamame, goat cheese, water, zest, lemon juice, garlic, wasabi paste, and black pepper until smooth. Season with salt, cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
Eggplant Dip –This is a delicious recipe from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. Again, a great dip for the healthy eater.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves (or three if you love garlic!)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into one inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with garlic, olive oil, and pepper. Spread them on a backing sheet and roast for 45 minutes until the veggies are lightly browned and soft. Cool slightly. Place veggies in a food processor and add the tomato paste. Blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.